The congregation of St. Paul’s began in 1882. The original church building was on South Lafayette, just three blocks from the current location. Construction on the current church building at Broadway and Massachusetts was finished in 1928.
In 1955, St. Paul’s added to its campus with the completion of the school building. An addition to the school was finished in 1965 to accommodate the growing number of students.
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church has been served by thirteen pastors:
Rev. Carl Friedrich Graebner 1885-1889
Rev. Henry John Lobeck 1889-1897
Rev. Theodore Bundenthal 1897-1905
Rev. Charles Henry Baepler 1905-1921
Rev. Herman H. Heidbreder 1922-1948
Rev. Walter Frederick Strickert 1948-1968
Rev. Melvin Rudolf Geffert 1969-1973
Rev. Erhard Walter William Wolf 1973-1994
Rev. Lambert John Mehl 1982-1985
Rev. Maynard Henry Brandt 1992-2001
Rev. Bert H. Eickhoff 1995-1998
Rev. Kenneth Lee Tatkenhorst 1999-2011
Rev. Jeremy Michael Freeman 2007-Present